Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Quilt and Plans for a Homemade Christmas

Last year we had a semi-homemade Christmas. This year I'm committed to making the majority of my gifts. *insert nervous laugh* I'm a little freaked out that it's almost November and I've barely started, but I'm trying to just ignore the calendar and just get down to business. My gift to-do list is almost complete and I've assembled most of the materials that I'll need to make this happen (I'm hoping that will motivate me to actually DO it.)

Over the last year I've been bookmarking and saving tutorials and ideas like a crazy person. Seriously, it's a problem. I'm working on sorting through all my saved projects and putting together some Christmas gift idea posts based on recipient.

Oh! Guess what I finally started? *Squeal*


Somewhere inbetween all this Christmas crafting, I need to squeeze in finishing this quilt and making matching curtains and bed linens for the big bed switcheroo. It needs to happen soon, people. We're ready, she's ready. Anyway.

I'm almost finished piecing the top and simultaneously working on a pretty awesome pieced strip for the backing. I'm still terrified to actually *quilt* something this size, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.


Molly

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be one awesome quilt! I love the colors.
    Don't get all crazed about making a homemae Christmas dear. It all works out, it really does and you will love it!
    We do this every year and I feel the same as you but it always works out:)
    I'll pop-in again soon!
    I love to see what everyone is doing for the Holidays...my favorite time of the year!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete