Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter projects and more...

I have something to show for this diaster! I finally finished Madeline's Easter dress at 10pm Saturday night and my Easter skirt...oh, about 20 minutes before it was time to leave for church. In any event, I have to give a shout out to two fabulous patterns!

The Precious Dress...it is indeed, very, very precious. I bought it a couple weeks ago and I've made four dresses from it already. Carla is amazing!



My skirt was a super easy, but is already one of my favorites. The shirred waistband is so flattering and comfy! The Lily skirt is designed by Ashley over at Make it and Love it. This was our attempt at a family Easter picture. Didn't go so well...

Both my skirt and Maddie's dress were made from Chez Moi's Hunky Dory line. I'm obsessed, I just love this fabric so much.

____________________

We're always involved in "Plow Days", an event founded by hubby's grandfather, where local and not-so-local plowmen bring thier teams of horses and plow a field with horses and old farm equipment. It's a great way to bring the past back to life and show this generation and the next how things were done back in the good 'ole days. This year's event was on Saturday and we decided to dress up. These are outfits I made for Madeline and her cousin - both modified Precious Dresses and a simple bib apron.


If you want to see pictures of me plowing a field in my pioneer outfit, you'll have to click here. I'm not going to make it easy for you, I'm still slightly mortified.

____________________

Next on my list? Some spring tops for me! 90% of what I sew is for Madeline or for gifts and I don't generally make tops. So when I saw that Made by Rae was sponsoring another Spring Top Week, I knew it was time to break out of the box. I have some ideas rolling around in my head, I'm excited to carve out some time to work on some tops.

But for the moment? I need to do some laundry, my hubby gets cranky when he doesn't have any clean underwear.
Molly

1 comment:

  1. I love that Precious Dress pattern! The Easter outfits turned out great!

    ReplyDelete